Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but Railrodder (1965, Gerald Potterton, NFB, 25 min.) might work in this context.

Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 00:56:06 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] Films about walking
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks to chance synchronicity in my email inbox, you might find the following interesting to look at. Whilst it is of course an
 example of new media installation rather than film per se (and I won’t get into that Rodowick discussion here), there’s a very interesting philosophical take on the idea of walking in urban space here, as you’ll see in the description. Even though the artworks
 seem to be mostly sold out you can still preview them by clicking in the relevant spot.

http://www.seditionart.com/universal-everything/walking-city-citizens?utm_source=s%5Bedition%5D+List&utm_campaign=eebf42340a-NewArtwork_UniversalEverything_5_21_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_84d08cebf7-eebf42340a-294584493

Best
Greg

Associate Professor Greg Hainge

Deputy Head of School | Reader in French | SLCCS | UQ

NOW AVAILABLE:
Noise Matters: Towards an Ontology of Noise,
New York: Bloomsbury, 2013.

Available for purchase with discount by clicking
here.

School of Languages and Comparative Cultural Studies |
The University of Queensland |
St Lucia

Queensland 4072

Australia
 Find
 us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/uqslccs
Tel: +61 7 3365 2282
| Fax: +61 7 3365 6799

Email:

Web:
www.uq.edu.au/slccs

CRICOS Code 00025B

personal web page:
http://uq.academia.edu/GregHainge

                         ******

Culture Theory and Critique, Editor.

                         ******

Contemporary French Civilization,
Editor.

******

Studies in French Cinema, Editor.

******

Etudes Celiniennes Editorial Board.

                        ******

Corps: Revue interdisciplinaire
Editorial Board.

******

Altitude Editorial Advisory Board.

                        ******

Australia and NZ Representative of the Société d'Études Céliniennes
This email (including any attached files) is intended only for the addressee and may contain
 confidential information of The University of Queensland. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, printing or photocopying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete and
 notify me.

Unless explicitly stated the opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the official position of The University of Queensland.

Dear Film-Philosophers,
I am teaching a course in the fall on the philosophy, literature, and cultural representations of walking. I am looking for films where walking plays a central role to either show
 in the class or to reference. So far my list includes The Way, Wizard of Oz, Walkabout, Meek’s Cutoff, Walking (Canadian short), and the Way Back. Can anyone help add to my list?
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Thomas Deane Tucker

-- To manage your subscription or unsubscribe from the Film-Philosophy list, please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html -- Film-Philosophy Journal:
http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference 2014 (University of Glasgow 2-4 July):
http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ --