I have developed a critical appraisal app  for Android called EBM Rater.
It covers all the major study designs including noninferiority studies.
I also included the criteria to evaluate subgroup analyses, composite
endpoints, and surrogate endpoints. It includes standard EBM calculators
also.  Its in the Google playstore and on amazon
<http://www.amazon.com/EBM-Rater-Team/dp/B00KLLBHWS/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-
apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1401464533&sr=1-1&keywords=ebm+rater> .

I have always suspected many docs don't critically appraise what they
read because the criteria were unknown to them and not located in a
convenient to use package.

I hope some of you will give this a try and send me some feedback either
thru this listserv or at [log in to unmask]

It does cost $0.99. I don't get any of the money. It goes to the
students who helped code it to maintain it and update it in the future.
I hope to develop an iOS version in the future.

Thanks for giving it a try

Terry Shaneyfelt, MD, MPH

UAB School of Medicine

Ebmteacher.com