-see ADVERSE EFFECTS OF STATIN AS WEAPONS AGAINST BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL
http://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g3306?tab=responses

El 21/05/2014 16:20, Juan Gérvas escribió:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> -thanks Lejla
-indeed the BMJ has being a rock helping physicians to work well
-but about statins side effects now we have many "Doctor Cholesterol"
-they say/writte that "statins have no side effects" or "give statins to all over-40" or "they should be made available for sale over the counter and without the need for a prescription" or "statins have been around for 25 years, so we know the long-term results", etc.
-most scientifics answer with questions around clinical trials and the way they hide adverse events
-but no one even remember hundreds of people that have died because rhabdomyolisis a little more than ten years ago, with cerivastatin (having no single death during the clinical trials) http://www.healthyskepticism.org/global/news/int/hsint2002-06
-in general, the statins mortality risk from fatal rhabdomyolysis is approximately 0.3 per 100,000 person-years http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002914905021508 so we can expect in the UK (when 12 millions under statins treatment http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10632047/Statins-12-million-Brits-will-be-advised-to-take-cholesterol-lowering-drug.html ) 36 deaths per year
-Dr Cholesterol set the agenda "statins have no side effects" and "no debate about the lack of effectiveness of statins in primary prevention"
-behind the agenda, no doubt, is the objetive to weak BMJ position and its editor role
-un saludo
-juan gérvas