Dear Design History List,

A second series of Paperweight Radio: Explorations in Visual and Material Culture has been commissioned by Resonance FM, the Arts Council-funded radio station based in London.

The show, which looks to showcase recent and contemporary work in the fields of visual and material culture (broadly understood) to a generalist audience, will be broadcast in June and July and I am opening up an invitation to those who are interested in being a guest.

Each show is themed; the first series included the themes Screen, Ghosts, Maker Culture, Paper, Light, Mother/Daughter and The Ecological.

For the second series, I am developing the following themes:

Animal, Gravity/Space, Domesticating the Modernist Body, Plastic, Mixed Media.

If your work could be broadly understood under one of these headers, and you are interested in being a guest, do please send me a statement of interest.

As you can understand, the lead times are very short and although I am still waiting final confirmation of exact broadcast dates and times from the station's scheduling department, do please send your statements sooner rather than later.

As a further note, if you are interested in appearing on the show, and your work does not fall under one of these themes, I am still interested in hearing from you.

For information, the shows are broadcast live from Resonance's studios on Borough High Street, London, SE1. However, we do have various pre-recording options for both domestic and international guests with schedules and/or geographic locations that means they can not be present for the live show.

Each interview lasts circa. 15 minutes, and guests are invited to choose a piece of music related to their research to be played at the end of their slot.

Should you have any further queries, do please let me know.

With best wishes, and look forward to hearing from you,

Juliette
- -

J.C.Kristensen

+ Visual Cultures, Goldsmiths, University of London  |  www.gold.ac.uk/visualcultures