From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Willcox, Ruth
Sent: 13 May 2014 13:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Planning inspectorate conditions

Dear all

Just thought I'd raise awareness of a potential issue - planning conditions.

We have had a couple of cases over the last 2 years or so of the Planning Inspectorate either removing or amending land quality conditions. Our conditions, In line with our understanding of good practice are closely modelled on Environment Agency recommended standard/model conditions.

Here is an example of an inspectorate amended condition:

No development shall take place until a site investigation of the nature and extent of any contamination has been carried out in accordance with a methodology which has previously been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The results of the site investigation shall be made available to the Local Planning Authority before any development begins. If any contamination is found during the site investigation, a report specifying the measures to be taken to remediate the site to render it suitable for the development hereby permitted shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The site shall be remediated in accordance with the approved measures before development begins. If, during the course of development, any contamination is found which has not been identified in the site investigation, additional measures for the remediation of this source of contamination shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The remediation of the site shall incorporate the approved additional measures.

Can anyone spot any weak points or problem areas?

Kind regards

Ruth

Ruth Willcox
Environmental Protection Officer
Office of the Director of Public Health
Plymouth City Council
Civic Centre
Plymouth
PL1 2AA

T +441752304154
E [log in to unmask]
www.plymouth.gov.uk

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance.  If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.

--
The use of Brent Council's e-mail system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and other lawful purposes.