It's not double standards.  Imagine a bell curve: the upper end is SPOSH, the lower end is minimal risk.  The middle is the 'Undiscovered Country' (uncertainty).

So, as responsible authorities, if we are here to ensure a development is appropriate for future generations (as Mike Smith put it), where should we be aiming for on this curve?

"Just because we have been doing so for years, does that justify why we should continue to do so."

The number of years of doing the same thing doesn't justify it.  The reasons why we are still doing the same thing does.

(Anyone got a venue for that debate?)

Dave Fountain
Pollution Officer (Contaminated Land)

Tel. (01283) 508848
Mobile (07966) 342121

East Staffordshire Borough Council
www.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk

     Follow us on Twitter @ESBCEnvHealth

If you are visiting The Maltsters please note that we have limited car parking spaces available.
Bays marked ES5, 6, 7 are allocated for our Visitors ONLY.  Other ES spaces are strictly for PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY.

Civil Enforcement Officers patrol this area. If there are no visitor spaces available please park at the Meadowside Leisure Centre Car Park (P&D)