From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Fountain
Sent: 12 May 2014 10:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: C4SL

If, as a member of the public, I enquired of a public official in order to gather information on a property I wanted to live in, then I would expect a complete and technical answer.  I would not expect that the presence of tolerable/moderate contamination to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about.

I would rather live somewhere with minimal health risks.  And if you had a choice, wouldn’t you?

if we start using ‘it’s not Part 2A’ as the yardstick for planning, it will bring about a greater number of poor health outcomes for the people that end up living in some of these properties.  That’s morally questionable, at best.

Dave Fountain

Pollution Officer (Contaminated Land)

Tel. (01283) 508848

Mobile (07966) 342121

East Staffordshire Borough Council

www.eaststaffsbc.gov.uk

cid:image007.png@01CF27E1.91154990     Follow us on Twitter @ESBCEnvHealth

If you are visiting The Maltsters please note that we have limited car parking spaces available.

Bays marked ES5, 6, 7 are allocated for our Visitors ONLY.  Other ES spaces are strictly for PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY.

Civil Enforcement Officers patrol this area. If there are no visitor spaces available please park at the Meadowside Leisure Centre Car Park (P&D)

LGC13 winner logo-02 small.jpgMJAwardslogo-Commended_R small.jpg