On Thursday, 29 May 2014, 8:55, Carl Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi David
Tried to send this email to the UK CP list but not sure its worked. If it hasn’t would you mind passing it on?
Ta
Carl

Hi All
Sally Zlotowitz and I will be facilitating a session on austerity for a London Community Psychology Network event on Weds 11th June 6.30pm-9pm. In this we will introduce some recent work being undertaken by the inappropriately grandiosely named ‘European Community Psychology Association taskforce on austerity’ of which we are a part.
Venue:
Chadswell Healthy Living Centre
Lower Ground Floor,
Harrison Street
London
WC1H 8JE
Tel: 020 7713 5545
Nearest tubes are Kings Cross/St Pancras or Russell Square
Discussion and action will include...
·  How do we build partnerships both within the BPS and in the other relevant organisations fighting the impacts of austerity to provide a coordinated message?
·  How do we work to think about broadening and challenging the problematically narrow remit of psychologists in such a way that we can be more effectively positioned to challenge these problems?
·  How do we work towards a platform where critically minded psychologists can have a more public voice in austerity/wellbeing debates?
·  How do we encourage psychologists/practitioners to be more active on explicitly political issues that affect their service users/communities?
·  How do we involve and join alongside our service users in this activism?
·  How do we best disseminate the evidence that comes out of the austerity taskforce?
We welcome further ideas for this session. Email me  [log in to unmask]
Cheers,
Carl
Carl Walker
SASS