16-May-2014
Dear Patrick,
Proteopedia [http://proteopedia.org] uses exactly the same style for referencing published material.

Proteopedia allows for the easy insertion of Pubmed and DOI references by only requesting from the user to enter the Pubmed or DOI ids. We have extended the same software used in Wikipedia for the internal Proteopedia engine to, based on this reference ID, retrieve, format and insert the correctly formatted reference at the bottom of the page.

See http://proteopedia.org/w/Help:Editing#Citing_Literature_References and Proteopedia pages for actual examples.
best regards,
Jaime & Joel