In the aftermath of the local and European elections, this national conference
of Unite Against Fascism on Saturday 14 June looks timely....cheers

Stand up to racism, UKIP and fascism

Register now for UAF National Conference Saturday June 14 9.30-5pm £12 / £6 students and concs
click here to register

This conference is a timely opportunity to understand and discuss how to campaign against UKIP, a movement similar to the Tea Party in the US, after it polled the highest share of the vote topping the poll in the Euro elections; learn the lessons of how we defeated fascist British National Party (BNP) leader Nick Griffin; and the importance of challenging and not conceding to racism.

Across Europe far right and fascist parties made significant gains. In France Front National topped the polls with 24.95% of the vote (24 seats). In Greece Golden Dawn polled 9.4% gaining 3 MEPs and in Austria FPO won 20.5% of the vote. We also believe that it is vital we campaign to stop the rise of racist and fascist parties across Europe and along with other campaigning groups we will be combating the rise of UKIP

UAF National Conference - Stand Up To Racism and Fascism

Speakers:
Diane Abbott MP
Claude Moraes MEP
Mohammad Taj
TUC President

Maz Saleem
Daughter of Mohammed Saleem

Tony Kearns
CWU Senior Deputy General Secretary

Dr Tommy Tomescu
Alliance against Romanian and Bulgarian Discrimination
Aaron Kiely
NUS Black Students Officer

Gerry Gable
Editor, Searchlight

Sabby Dhalu and Weyman Bennett
Joint National Secretaries, Unite Against Fascism

Themes include:
• After the Euro elections: campaigning against UKIP and fascist parties
• Yes to diversity: stand up to racism and Islamophobia
• Stand Up to UKIP - no to racist populism
• Austerity and opposing scapegoating immigrants
•Where next for Europe?
•Rebutting media myths on immigration and Muslims
•Never Again: the Holocaust and anti-Semitism
•Opposing racism and Islamophobia in education
•Eliminating institutional racism and deaths in custody

9.30-5pm Saturday 14 June

9.30am-5pm Saturday 14 June - Trades Union Congress, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS - Organised by UAF

Register now on the UAF website

Conference 2014 registration: £12 / £6 students and concs

Following the success of the UN Anti-Racism Day demos in London, Cardiff and Glasgow attended by over 10,000 people, this conference is a timely opportunity to bring together all those who are threatened by or who oppose fascism to assess the outcome of the European elections and to build a movement capable of effectively challenging racism and fascism.