ARA Scotland Annual Meeting
2pm, Thursday 29th May 2014

Level 4 Annex, University Library, University of Glasgow
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/library/usingthelibrary/informationforvisitors/

Explore Your Archives and Records Association!

Our 2014 ARAS annual meeting will provide members with an opportunity to find out about the range of exciting projects and campaigns that ARA is currently engaged with.  The annual meeting will be followed by a social event with the Section for New Professionals at the University of Glasgow’s Gilchrist Postgraduate Club.

Programme:

1.00 – 2.00 Lunch

2.00 – 2.30 ARAS Annual Meeting

2.30 – 3.15 Explore Your Archive Campaign – Marie Owens (Archives & Records Association)

Records Management Awareness Campaign – David Jenkins (ARA Section for Records Management and Information Governance)

3.15 – 3.45 Registration update: moving towards the new CPD framework – Melinda Haunton (ARA Registration Sub-Committee)

3.45 – 4.00 Tea / Coffee

4.00 – 4.45 Archives Accreditation:

Overview of the standard – Irene O’Brien (Scottish Council on Archives)

A successful applicant’s perspective – Elspeth Reid (Falkirk Archives)

If you plan to attend the annual meeting please email me at [log in to unmask] to confirm your attendance (and also let me know if you have any particular dietary requirements for lunch) by Friday 23rd May.

Followed the meeting members are invited to attend the following event:

Section for New Professionals and ARA Scotland present…

PechaKucha Archives Night!
5pm – 8pm, Thursday 29th May 2014

Gilchrist Postgraduate Club, University of Glasgow

http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentlife/studentunionsandorganisations/gilchristpostgraduateclub/

Karl Magee
Chair
ARA Scotland