Many, many apologies to those who get this news twice.

I’m moving on from my current post as (60% of) the City Archivist for York.  My last day in the office at York will be Thursday 5th June.  I’m leaving to take up a Heritage Lottery Funded-post at the London Transport Museum – yes, I can’t get away from the HLF! - as Project Curator for the “Johnston Journeys” project, doing collections research and other activities to support the 2016 centenary of London Transport’s unique Johnston typeface, one of the world’s longest-lasting corporate brands.

Victoria Hoyle ([log in to unmask]) will be taking over from me as sole City Archivist and interim main point of contact for the Gateway to History project.  You can follow this and everything else we are doing on our blog http://citymakinghistory.wordpress.com/

The other members of the team for your address book are:

In addition we will be recruiting a new full-time Gateway to History Project Delivery Manager on a two-year contract to take over responsibility for completing our HLF-supported transformation project for the archives service, so if you know anyone who might be interested...

In an ideal world this new job would have come up at the end of the year when our current building works were completed, but it didn’t.  It fits very well with my developing plans to return to university to do a PhD hopefully next year, and so I couldn’t pass it by in the hope that a similarly good job “might” come up once the building works were finished.

Excelsior!

Best wishes

Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor BA MArAd | City Archivist (Job-share - Tue-Thu)
t: 01904 555738 | m: 07879 117 218 | e:

Explore York Libraries & Archives
West Offices | Station Rise | York YO1 6GA
www.exploreyork.org.uk | citymakinghistory.wordpress.com/
facebook.com/ExploreYorkLibrariesandArchives
@yorklibrariesuk | @YorkArchivesUK

Job share partner:
Victoria Hoyle MA PGDipArch| City Archivist (Job-share (Mon-Tue)
t: 01904 555748 | e: [log in to unmask]

This communication is from Explore York Libraries & Archives.

The information contained within, and in any attachment(s), is confidential and legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication, or the information within, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Equally, you must not disclose all, or part, of its contents to any other person.

If you have received this communication in error, please return it immediately to the sender, then delete and destroy any copies of it.

Explore York Libraries & Archives disclaim any liability for action taken in reliance on the content of this communication.