Sent: 30 April 2014 16:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Methods for Charring Comparative Wood Collections

Dear List members,

I would like to establish a charred wood reference collection. I know that some people prefer to use a muffle furnace while others use a heated sand bath. Which methods have you found to work best? Any insights would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alexia

Alexia Smith, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Anthropology

University of Connecticut

Beach Hall Unit 1176

354 Mansfield Road

Storrs, CT 06269-1176

Telephone: 860 486 4264

Fax: 860 486 1719

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/