Dear all,

We are currently advertising for a data manager, as described in the advert below. The role may appeal to undergraduates who are graduating with a good maths or stats degree this summer, in particular if they are sports fans.

Job: Data Manager

Smartodds is currently seeking an outstanding graduate in a mathematical subject for the position of data manager within our sports quantitative analysis team.

Purpose of the Role

*         You will work alongside our existing team of data managers to be a first point of contact across Smartodds and our clients for all statistical and data analysis queries;

*         The role will involve maintaining and extending detailed datasets and a codebase in order to answer any query with accuracy and efficiency, and reporting back your findings;

*         The work will cover a range of popular sports, including  football, basketball, baseball, cricket, American football, ice hockey and tennis;

*         Your research will primarily be utilised by our clients in the betting sector, although some of the work will be for clients within English professional football.

Key Skills / Qualifications

*         A superb knowledge across a broad range of sports;

*         A fantastic work ethic with excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage and prioritise several projects simultaneously;

*         Strong communication and team working skills;

*         An outstanding degree in a mathematical subject, preferably with a high statistical content;

*         Exposure to mathematical or statistical programming, preferably in R or Python.

To apply
Applications can be made via the Smartodds website: www.smartodds.co.uk/Careers/Vacancies<http://www.smartodds.co.uk/Careers/Vacancies>

Philip Giles
Head of Quantitative Research
Smartodds Ltd

Unit 531 Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
London
NW5 1TL

+44 (0)20 7482 9142   (office)

www.smartodds.co.uk

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error or are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. Instead, please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 74820223 and delete the material from your systems. Smartodds is a business carried on by Smartodds Limited, a company registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales with number 05108548. Registered office: Unit 531 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL

SIGNOFF allstat