Hi Chris,

That is correct. With that setup you need to disable condor job submission
as nobody:
# Don't allow nobody to run jobs
SCHEDD.DENY_WRITE = nobody@$(UID_DOMAIN)

The problem with the 999:999 version is that at some point you might end up
with such a user. Probably not an issue for grid only hardware, but if you
are sharing it with the university like us, you have less control over user
IDs.

Cheers,
Luke

On 9 April 2014 17:18, Chris Brew <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> unixmap="nobody:nobody all"
>
> When I had that as the last mapping line and had some argus issues, I
> actually saw jobs in the condor system as user nobody, so I switched to a
> non-existent uid:gid combination of 999:999 which I think fixes the problem.
>
> Yours,
> Chris.
>
> --
> Scanned by iCritical.

  Dr Lukasz Kreczko            +44 (0)117 928 8724
  CMS Group
  School of Physics
  University of Bristol