Dear Colleagues,

The Scottish Council on Archives is pleased to announce the first in a series of Education and Learning training events for archive staff. Further details are below and can also be found at: http://www.scottisharchives.org.uk/edworkshop030614.

SURVEY:

This workshop will form the first in a series of events. The Scottish Council on Archives is keen to deliver a range of opportunities that reflect the requirements and preferences of the Scottish sector. Therefore we would ask colleagues to complete our very short (only two multiple choice questions) survey available at: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/edworkshops. Please complete this survey before registering for the workshop.

WHEN: Tuesday 3 June 2014 (10:00-16:00) – Lunch will be provided.

WHERE: General Register House, 2 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH1 3YY

THE WORKSHOP: The Hitch-hiker’s Guide to the Scottish Curriculum: A practical and informative tour of the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence. Who learns what, and when, in Scottish schools? From Early Years to Higher, we explore the knowledge areas, skills and activities that children encounter as they move through the system, and how Archives can be relevant at the different ages and stages. We’ll explore curriculum-appropriate materials and activities based on Archive records, together with ideas for assessment and liaising with teachers.

Suitable for archives staff with an interest in developing their skills in creating and delivering archives-based education materials for primary and secondary schools, this workshop will be led by the Scottish Council on Archives Education Development Officer, Douglas Roberts.

ATTENDANCE: Attendance is free of charge and we anticipate high demand and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

BOOKINGS: Please visit http://educationworkshop030614.eventbrite.co.uk to register for this event.

Best wishes,

Ben

Benjamin Bennett

Communication and Operations Officer

SCOTTISH COUNCIL ON ARCHIVES

General Register House  2 Princes Street  Edinburgh  EH1 3YY

www.scottisharchives.org.uk  E  [log in to unmask]  T  +44 (0)131 535 1362  M  +44 (0)787 520 0694  Follow us @ScotsArchives

A Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SC044553)

Scottish Council on Archives Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of the Scottish Council on Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.