Hi everyone,

I have a working memory design which I show happy, sad, and neutral pictures to participants then provide a delay period prior to probing. I'm trying to do a one-way ANOVA for a group analysis to look at the potential differential responses during the delay period for 3 conditions: Happy, Sad, and Neutral. For the Factorial design specification, I chose Full factorial design with one factor (delay) and 3 levels (happy, sad, neutral). Therefore, there are 3 cells. In the 1st cell, the level is 1, and the scans are the happy contrasts for all 30 subjects that I have. For the 2nd cell, the level is 2, and the scans are the sad contrasts for the same 30 subjects. The same principle applies to the 3rd cell.

After reading the SPM manual, that was what I decided on. The results came out unexpected so I just wanted to confirm with someone with more experience with ANOVA in SPM than myself that the design I described above is correct. I don't think specifying 3 levels for each subject is correct (since that'd make 90 cells: 30 subjects x 3 levels). Could anyone please tell me if I missed anything?

Thank you!

Le