Hello Jochen,

> I tried to normalise several subjects and get differences in the
> dimensions of my image (73x89x42 vs. 73x88x41) and some differences in
> the origin. I checked bounding box and voxel size and the rest of the
> normalisation procedure and there should be no difference between the
> preprocessing steps, except that one image has been preprocessed in
> spm5, the other one in spm8. What is going wrong? I would like to do
> second level analysis which is not possible because of the different
> dimensions. How can I fix the problem?

I think by stating "there should be no difference except one was spm5
and the other was spm8", you underestimate the rate of scientific
progress ;) But more seriously, the difference comes from how the
bounding box is calculated, which obviously changed between versions. As
mentioned before, mixing spm versions is not recommended, for exactly
the kind of issues you encounter (actually, you are lucky because the
difference in your case is obvious while it may not be that obvious, but
still substantial, for other updates/bugfixes). If you seriously want to
go on with this approach, you could specify the bounding box explicitly,
which can be done in different ways depending on how you achieved
normalization.

Cheers,
Marko
PD Dr. med. Marko Wilke
  Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
  Leiter, Experimentelle Pädiatrische Neurobildgebung
  Universitäts-Kinderklinik
  Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)

Marko Wilke, MD, PhD
  Pediatrician
  Head, Experimental Pediatric Neuroimaging
  University Children's Hospital
  Dept. III (Pediatric Neurology)

Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1
  D - 72076 Tübingen, Germany