Dear SIMSOC readers,

Some of you may be interested in our recently published book:

Watts, Christopher and Gilbert, Nigel (2014) “Simulating Innovation: Computer- based Tools for Rethinking Innovation.” Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar.

http://www.e-elgar.co.uk/bookentry_main.lasso?id=13981

Chapters cover innovation studies and complexity science, diffusion of innovations, social networks, organisational learning, science models, science and technology studies, and technological evolution and innovation networks.

The accompanying website contains many simulations (in Excel or NetLogo) available for download, many of them replications of well-known models in the fields covered.

http://www.simian.ac.uk/resources/models/simulating-innovation

While I feel some trepidation in posting online so many examples of my programming for SIMSOC’s experts to find the flaws in, feedback and corrections are always welcome.

Regards,

Christopher Watts

Dr Christopher J Watts

Senior Scientist

Chair in Human-Environment Relations, Department of Geography

Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich

Germany

http://www.geographie.uni-muenchen.de/department/fiona/personen/index.php?personen_details=1&user_id=211

Post address: