Hi all,

I have a question about digital record keeping, that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

We outsource IT and are in the Cloud, so our electronic filing system is located there. However, there are a number of pieces of software that our IT providers say can’t be put on the Cloud and have to go on our desktops. This includes, for example, Photoshop, which they say uses a lot of bandwidth and would impact on other users.

Of course, from an electronic record keeping point of view, this means that we are copying documents from the server to the desktop, editing them, then putting them back, creating problems with version control, duplication and of course the time spent doing it.

Has anyone come across this issue before, and if so, how did you deal with it?

Thanks,

Vicki

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]