Apologies for cross posting.

Dear all,

The Financial Ombudsman Service is currently recruiting for an information Officer to join our knowledge team.

information officer – London – three year fixed term contract

Are you an experienced records or information management professional looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment? Have you got excellent research skills and the ability to respond to queries in a friendly and accurate way? Do you have strong values and a desire to work for an organisation with a relentless focus on doing the right thing?

Our organisation relies on having access to a wide range of knowledge and information to help us deliver an excellent service to our customers. This includes supporting specific requests to our research and library helpdesk, as well as providing regular updates on important changes in the industry, or government or legal developments which impact on our work. You’ll also act as the local records officer for our knowledge and information management team and support records officers across the ombudsman – looking for innovative new ways to approach records management.

So what are we looking for from you? You’ll have between one and three year’s experience in information or records management in a business environment – a corporation, public body or law library. You’ll also be a confident user of online research tools to help you get to the right answer, quickly. And as part of our knowledge and information management team, you’ll be an enthusiastic team player with a genuine passion for knowledge and knowledge sharing.

And what can we offer you in return? On top of the starting salary and standard benefits including a generous non-contributory pension, you can also choose the flexible benefits that best suit you and your life. And very importantly, you’ll get the chance to make a positive difference every day at the heart of an organisation which is providing a valued service to society.

When we recruit, we actively look for people from a wide range of backgrounds because we want our people to reflect the diversity of those whose complaints we settle. This keeps us in touch and connected – and able to see both sides of every story. We also do our very best to support those who need us to adapt to their circumstances – whether it’s our people, customers or job applicants.

So if you think you’ve got the kinds of skills and experience we’re looking for, or know someone who does, please apply via our website:

https://vacancies.financial-ombudsman.org.uk//ViewVacancy.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmOw5z99HK8udpm1xaeF/YJGSyTKS16ZEY6SZ3MHT0LUO2XRdms5mQwQJ5hla6MM6PtSgirtI9/RcHYGkYGo6/fskB+daub2TOHcHwV/Mo3h/nS+99grlU4BC1LVll5rOXQ==

Many thanks,

Christina

Christina Somovilla
Records and Information Manager