Hi

I think you need to look at the environmental requirements – I’ve never seen anything specific about fire proof storage but if records are being held for long periods or perpetuity then there should be a fire fighting system in place that doesn’t damage the records.  I remember seeing a storage area in in Liverpool years ago and they have huge gas canisters up against the wall and if there was a fire it released the gas which put the fire out - water was not required – I can’t remember the name of the system.

Kind Regards

Alison Marsh

Operational Manager - Tertiary Medicine & Service Transformation

Clinical Support Services & Tertiary Medicine Division

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

3rd Floor, Mayo Building, Stott Lane, Salford, M6 8HD

Tel: 0161-206-8964

Mobile: 07818 580151

NHS Mail: [log in to unmask]

Patient & Customer Focus, Accountability, Continuous Improvement, Respect