“The conference will look at the major surge in record-keeping in the early modern world against the backdrop of wider technological, intellectual, political, religious and economic developments. It should not be assumed that an archive provides unmediated access to the past; rather record keeping practices fundamentally shape - and skew - our vision of history.”

We asked ten of the conference participants to answer some key questions about archives with particular reference to the period 1500 to 1800.

-

http://bit.ly/1t0VqQx

http://bit.ly/1t0VqQx+

See more at: http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/discussion/qa-how-archives-make-history#sthash.pI0RhMTN.dpuf