I’m excited to share this conversation with Meg Phillips, External Affairs
Liaison at the National Archives and Records Administration. A few years
back we “un-chaired” CURATEcamp Processing: Processing Data/Processing
Collections<http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2012/06/curatecamp-processing-processing-dataprocessing-collections/?loclr=blogsig>together.
Meg wrote a guest post reflecting on that event for the Signal
titled More Product, Less Process for Born-Digital
Collections<http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2012/08/more-product-less-process-for-born-digital-collections-reflections-on-curatecamp-processing/?loclr=blogsig>.
I thought it would be good to check back in and see how some of the ideas
we were considering about computational processing and digital records in
2012 have continued to play out. In particular, to talk a bit about
computational approaches to categorization or processing born-digital
materials.

http://1.usa.gov/1iiux5T
http://1.usa.gov/1iiux5T+

http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/2014/04/exploring-computational-categorization-of-records-a-conversation-with-meg-phillips-from-nara/