I’m guessing that whilst the fundamentals have not changed much, a course attended by our grandfather would not have included

·         the challenges of managing instant messages

·         the challenges of classifying web pages as records

·         issues arising from use of social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)

·         the impact of PDF/A, including PDF/A-3

·         the impact of cloud computing, including cloud services for electronic archiving

·         latest developments in digital preservation techniques

·         etc, etc

We expect any training course that we attend to use current case studies and current scenarios to exemplify the course theory. My interpretation was that this is what AIIM were referring to when they say that this is not “your grandfather’s records management program”, not that the fundamentals have particularly changed.

Regards,

Eldin.

Eldin Rammell, Rammell Consulting Ltd

http://www.rammell-consulting.co.uk

Tel: 08448 844926 (Rammell Consulting office) or 07940 859721 (mobile)