WebsEdge do multimedia stuff for trade unions and local government organisations, but there is nothing I personally can say about the quality of their work or business model. If Dara O’Hare and others like, I can make enquiries within NUJ channels.

That said, I would encourage PSCI-COM people to join and make use of the facilities provided by the NUJ when it comes to researching potential contractors and media clients. It is one of the valuable services provided by the union.

Francis

On 30 Apr 14, at 22:31, Michael Kenward <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> http://www.websedge.com/
>
> For a fee?
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Why did they approach him?
>
> Does he need a video to show at academic conferences?
>
> How many conferences does he attend?
>
> Do conferences abound with promotional videos?
>
> Does the research group need something for its own website?
>
> Surely Bristol has its own resources? After all, the BBC is big in town. (Or has it moved out to Salford?)
>
> MK

—
Dr Francis Sedgemore
science, society and culture