On 4/11/2014 6:45 PM, Bill Wootton wrote:
> Utterly authentic voice created here, Ken, not to mention chucklesome. I like the five-line stanzas too. Just needs an s for stands in final stanza does it not?
>
> Bill

I lost some piece of punctuation in there someplace. Goneril's voice was
comparatively easy to find. Lear's--I'm thinking of the poem where Lear
talks to the Fool--was quite difficult. All I can do is write 'em as I
sense 'em. I didn't expect to write in Albany's voice--in the play he
remains a cipher until he calls out Goneril and then challenges Edmund.
He seems entirely event-driven. What happens affects him with increasing
depth. Well, maybe that is the sign of a major actor: being able to take
Albany and breathe life into him. Oh hell, all the roles are difficult.
Who've I missed? More than I can say. Oswald? Kent, God, yes. Surely
Gloucester and Edgar. And on and on. I think I've taken on quite a
project for myself.

Ken