Dear Carma,

I am glad you found the annotated bibliography useful. The research and
writing of the bibliography was more than 30 years of work from Professor
Bagley. She has retired from teaching since 1996 but has continue to write,
research, and refine the bibliography. We are fortunate to be able to use
her work for teaching and research.

Best,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Carma Gorman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I spent some time last night browsing through the annotated bibliography on
> color that Sauman Chu mentioned
>  as part of this thread
> . It is at
> http://dha.design.umn.edu/research/coloranddesign/Table_of_Contents.html
> , for those who haven't seen it.
>

> I think this bibliography is excellent, and would highly recommend it as a
> starting point for anyone who is trying to find information (whether
> "scientific" or not) on color. The books on the list run the gamut from
> historical studies to explanations of how CMYK printing works: I really
> think there's something for everyone. The bibliographers, Marian-Ortolf
> Bagley and Barbara Ann Caron, have done a good job of slicing and dicing
> the literature into useful subject-specific chunks, and of explaining the
> utility/contribution of each book. It's a huge service to the field: kudos
> to them and the University of Minnesota for making this resource publicly
> available!
>
> Carma
>

> Carma Gorman, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor, Design Division