*SIG Update*

Just to let you know that the SIG is finally on aformal footing with the
setting up of a committee (see below), appointment of officers and a
formal statement of purpose lodged with ALT. This is:

/To support, develop, sustain and influence policy in open education.//
//(The programme ofactivities undertaken by the SIG will be developed by
SIG Officers in response to priorities articulated by members.)/

The committee were very keen to avoid duplication but to add value to
the Open Education landscape and especially for ALT members.  (For
example not to duplicate events such as the Open Scotland webinar that
Lorna has recently announced)

Committee members are now working on a programme for the summer term
which we hope to announce later this month.However, your ideas are
always welcome and this JISC Mail list remains a key forum to share
information, ideas and questions.

Alastair Clark

COMMITTEE MEMBERS

Ella Mitchell