From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sue Mann (NBI)
Sent: 09 April 2014 13:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] query

Dear All,

I have a member of staff who is office based.  The building where they work is only a couple of years old.  A few months ago they developed a hoarse voice and a feeling of unwellness when in the office.  After a number of blood tests, hospital examinations, a visit to Brompton and a deep clean of the office (tests all negative), it was decided that they could do a ‘phased return’ back to the office starting this morning.  After about an hour the hoarse voice returned and then they started feeling unwell.  They only develop these symptoms in the office and nowhere else on site.

Its all a bit odd!  As the prick tests and blood tests revealed that there is no occupational disease, we have done dust measurements and all tests in the office space possible.  So my thoughts now are could this be psychological? Any ideas or thoughts would be most welcome.

Sue

Mrs Sue Mann
Occupational Health Manager
JIC/IFR/NBI/TSL/TGAC