Hi

I personally and professionally would appreciate research based evidence on the benefits of employing people with disability and long term conditions. How both employer /organisation can improve the quality of life for this group and their but also what is it in it for them/society as a whole):
Thelma

On 7 Apr 2014 13:58, "Carmel Carroll" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 7 Apr 2014, at 13:33, Dawn Veal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

What about health surveillance models for MS in the workplace.

As MS issues rate as the most common cause of absence along with Mental Heal=
th I think personally we need to do more education, surveillance in this are=
a. We tend to thrash the living daylights out of Spirometry and Audiometry a=
nd whilst based on risk they are required I would like to see more MS HS in t=
he future as a proactive measure.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf=
 Of Deborah Caspi
Sent: 07 April 2014 13:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Dissertation topic

Hi all

It's a good few years since this type of request was posted on Jiscmail, and=
 things move on, so here goes:  I am at the stage where I really can't delay=
 any further and have to settle on a MSc Dissertation topic that will be int=
eresting and motivating, and I would hope will be meaningful to the professi=
on. =20

I have mulled over, procrastinated, chewed over (and spat out) numerous idea=
s and can't seem to settle on anything, as everything either seems to me to h=
ave been overdone already or difficult to narrow down into a manageable-size=
d research topic.

I am appealing to all out there who can think of exciting and do-able topics=
 to please share your ideas and hopefully inspire me, either on or off list.=

Many thanks in advance.

Deborah

********************************

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=3Dhttp://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists=
/occ-health.html&k=3DRjJLq6b3Zyt2uZDzSWkh%2Bw%3D%3D%0A&r=3DwXuzOhjUxnqNWzIUj=
flfT%2FETVkypyh2vSQMgEC%2FgFFE%3D%0A&m=3DSukegLWvxaQY7tcitJE6P%2BkiuxZktlX2I=
DFVrrY52Sc%3D%0A&s=3D76ca8fed0bac935ae70daf95debd204856e0e028761fe447f1838ff=
bb42976eb

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=3Dhttp://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-b=
in/filearea.cgi?LMGT1%3DOCC-HEALTH&k=3DRjJLq6b3Zyt2uZDzSWkh%2Bw%3D%3D%0A&r=3D=
wXuzOhjUxnqNWzIUjflfT%2FETVkypyh2vSQMgEC%2FgFFE%3D%0A&m=3DSukegLWvxaQY7tcitJ=
E6P%2BkiuxZktlX2IDFVrrY52Sc%3D%0A&s=3Dc86fb2231cca57ebf9ff7c222e6856b3ce72ef=
5973279012d8dcb7fec39fc9a3

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and intende=
d solely for use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended reci=
pient, you should not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or=
 disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this=
 e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and delete t=
his message and any attachments from your computer system. Please note that i=
f this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior m=
essage, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may n=
ot have been produced by the sender. This notice is automatically appended t=
o each e-mail message leaving the senders e-mail domain. Thank you.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: