Hello everyone

As a Member of the Society of Biology I have rec’d this notification which may be of interest.  David Potter is an interesting speaker and last time I attended one of his lectures he brought a few plants, for demonstration purposes only!

I plan to attend, work permitting.  I have cross-posted on the MRO-Forum.  Please note that I do not benefit from circulating this info.

Regards

Helen

|  Helen Vangikar  |  Toxicology Consultant  |  m. +44 (0)7856 979961  |  e. [log in to unmask]  |  www.helenvangikar.com  |  skype. helen.vangikar  |

Dear Miss Vangikar

I would like to draw your attention to our upcoming London event.

01.05.14 -  The Biology and Benefits of Cannabis, London branch event (followed by our MSB members lunch)

Upcoming events at Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, London, WC1N 2JU

01.05.14 -  The Biology and Benefits of Cannabis London branch event (followed by lunch for MSB members)
Join Dr David Potter from GW Pharmaceuticals as he explores in a fun and informative way how and why the cannabis plant plant produces drugs and the increasing benefits of cannabis based medicines
Cannabis sativa L. has been used by man for at least 8000 years. Its fibres are used to make rope, textiles, paper and building materials. Its seeds are eaten or crushed to produce oil. This has nutritional value, but has also been used as lamp fuel. The flowers produce a range of drugs with recreational and medicinal uses.

David Potter JP PhD CBiol FSB FLS CMIOSH is director of botanical R&D for GW Pharmaceuticals. Since joining the company as its first employee he has overseen the propagation of more than 1.5 million cannabis plants. He is also an expert witness and frequent advisor to the police.

You can find out more about the work carried out at GW Pharmaceuticals on their website - www.gwpharm.com

The event starts at 11:00 and is open to all, however MSB members attending may also wish to book onto the MSB members' lunch which follows the talk, starting at 12:30. Please visit the lunch event page to book your place.

Cost
Members £5
Non members £8
Students £3

Contact and Booking

Book your place via the website and contact David Urry (020 7685 2576) for more information about the event or if you have any difficulties booking your place.

Best wishes

David Urry
Regional Coordinator

Direct line: 020 7685 2576