Roisin wrote
"Linking in with another provider isn't an option as I'm informed we need to "preserve our process"
If an examination of some sort is required then using another provider abroad to provide you with clinical data does seem the most sensible option. The clinicians in the the UK can interpret this data to give advice to management.
If management is not willing to allow this and there is no prospect of the individual presenting themselves for assessment, then gather the information you can by other means (telephone /email/letter/medical report)  and put your advice  to management to made a "managed risk decision" on employing the individual without having been seen in OH before commencing. Given that option, they may find that "preserving their processes" becomes less important.

Diane Romano-Woodward
RN  RSCPHN-OH  BSc   M Med Sc.(Occ Health)
Sunny Blue Sky Limited
Company Number  06865212