Message from the MIST mailing list.

Dear MIST colleagues,

I have agreed to act as returning officer for the 2014 MIST Council election, which will take place in May as required by the MIST Charter (http://www.mist.ac.uk/community/mist-charter).

So with this email, I would like to invite nomination of candidates for this election. Candidates must be members of the MIST community and must be based in the UK. They may be nominated by colleagues or may self-nominate. Please send nominations to me by email to [log in to unmask]. The deadline for nominations is noon UK time on 30 April.

There are two vacancies this year as Rob Fear and myself have come to the end of our current terms. The successful candidates will be elected for three years and will join the existing MIST Councillors: Emma Woodfield, Mario Bisi and Ian McCrea. The new MIST Council will elect a new chair.

We are seeking to use the RAS on-line voting system for this election and will circulate more details when plans are finalised. But the overall plan is to open voting as early as possible in May and to close at end of May. We will hold a discussion on the election as part of the MIST Business Meeting (25 April, 14:00-15:00) at Hot Spring MIST in Bath.

Best wishes,

Mike

--
Scanned by iCritical.