I would expect that the data came from the DHS DEmographic and Health Survey, either the most recent survey done in 2013 . http://dhsprogram.com/what-we-do/survey/survey-display-450.cfm
or the previous survey done in 2008. The DHS surveys are sample surveys done in countries which don't have national data collection systems. So there may be problems of sampling bias and response, but on the other hand it may be that whoever collated results for UNICEF may have made mistakes.

I can't imagine where they got the data for the Netherlands. Four alternative sources are mentioned DHS and MCS surveys, which aren't done in the Netherlands, plus WHO and UNICEF. For Europe, I suggest you try www.europeristat.com

Alison Macfarlane
From: Hiromi Goldman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 12 April 2014 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: How reliable UNICEF stats?

Dear All,
I wonder if anyone could tell me how accurate the statistics on UNICEF website is.
I am looking at figures for Sierra Leone and its institutional delivery rate for 2008-2012 is 50.1%.  The webpage I used is found below. http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/sierraleone_statistics.html#0

I simply cannot believe that Sierra Leone has enough hospitals for 222,5000 birth a year. Also I found a figure for institutional delivery rate of Netherlands was 100%. That gave me doubts as well.  I appreciate if anyone could tell me a way to reach reliable figures if UNICEF is not the one.

Regards,
Hiromi