From: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 01 April 2014 11:36
To: Sandall, Jane
Subject: NICE public consultation: Developing NICE guidelines - the manual

01/04/2014

[NICE - National Institute for Health and Care Excellence]

1st Floor
10 Spring Gardens
London
SW1A 2BU

Tel: 0845 003 7780
Fax: 0845 003 7784

www.nice.org.uk

Dear Stakeholder,

From today, 1 April 2014, we are inviting comments and feedback from stakeholders and the public on the new manual for developing NICE guidelines.

Consultation dates: 1 April - 30 June 2014

Teams across NICE have been working together to create a single manual for the development of clinical, public health and social care guidelines. This new manual will set out consistent processes for developing guidelines across different areas and will increase transparency by documenting the rationale for use of different methods. The manual for developing NICE guidelines will be implemented in January 2015.

We are emailing all registered stakeholders across NICE work programmes and members of current NICE guideline development Committees to inform them that the consultation is now live. Details of the consultation and how to respond can be found on the NICE website here<http://www.nice.org.uk/getinvolved/currentniceconsultations/NICEGuidelinesTheManual.jsp>. We recommend that if your organisation is registered as a stakeholder you submit collated comments from your organisation.

If you have any questions about the manual for developing NICE guidelines or public consultation process, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Yours,

Elaine Clydesdale

Project Manager, Guidance DevelopmentProject

National Institute for Health and Care Excellence

10 Spring Gardens | London SW1A 2BU

Tel: 44 (0)20 7045 2118 | Fax: 44 (0)845 003 778

Web: http://nice.org.uk<http://nice.org.uk/>