On 25 April 2014 12:53, Nick Poole <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Following my question, I have had some really interesting discussions
> about what makes museum content 'go viral'. There's no way to predict
> that, of course, but people have shared some interesting examples of
> content that have (often unexpectedly) piqued public and media interest.
> I plan to follow up on this with a piece looking at social media moments
> for museum content and whether there are any general principles we can
> draw from these examples that might be applied in other places.

I happened to come across this interview with the authors of a new book,
'Going Viral: An Interview with the Authors':
http://nsmnss.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/going-viral-interview-with-authors.htmlthat
has some useful background on 'virality', (although some of it starts
to feel like a scene with Perfect Curve in Twenty Twelve*).

Cheers, Mia

*perhaps museums should try this with their favourite objects?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00vxt96

http://openobjects.org.uk/
http://twitter.com/mia_out
I mostly use this address for list mail; my open.ac.uk address is checked
daily

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg