Hello,

Does anyone who lends out laptops or other equipment have a reliable booking system for them?

We would like users to be able to book the equipment in advance, but our library management system doesn’t flag up future reservations if someone else comes in to borrow the item in the meantime.  This can result in their loan period overlapping the date it was booked for by the first person - not ideal...

Kind regards,

Lesley H.

Lesley Huss

Librarian / OpenAthens Administrator

Medical Directorate

Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust

Smallwood Library

Moseley Hall Hospital

Alcester Road

Birmingham B13 8JL

Tel:       0121 466 6282

Fax:      0121 466 6281

Email:   [log in to unmask]
Web:     http://www.base-library.nhs.uk

Intranet: http://nww.bhamcommunity.nhs.uk/about-us/divisions-and-directorates/nursing-and-therapies/library-services/

Document requests: http://www.basedoc.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @smallwoodlib

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential. If you have received it in error you must not use, copy, disclose or store the information contained within this email or attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and permanently delete what you have received.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by email. Messages and any attached files will have been checked with virus detection software before transmission, however we advise you to check emails and any attachments for the presence of viruses as neither the Trust nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by this email and/or any attachments.

Confidentiality

The information contained in an email may be subject to disclosure as required by law including under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless the information requested is legally exempt from disclosure, we cannot guarantee that we will not provide the whole or part of an email to a third party making a request for information about the content of the email.

Internet e-mail is not a secure medium. E-mails sent via the Internet could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear that in mind when deciding whether to send material to Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust, partner organisations or the NHS in general.

The principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Caldicott guidelines should be adhered to at all times.

NB. Emails containing patient identifiable data must be exchanged using the encrypted National NHS Mail email service (NHSnet).

Incoming and outgoing email messages may be monitored in accordance with the Telecommunications Regulations 2000 and Human Rights Act 2000.