Hello all,

I was just about to ask my own question to those of you using Talis Aspire when I realised there was recent reading list query I’d not responded to, so I’ll chip in my replies o this one from Emma first:

1.       Do you have a reading list system such as Talis list/Talis Aspire/Rebus:list to manage your reading lists? If so which one?

We use Talis Aspire

2.       If you don’t have a dedicated reading list system do you have your own in house way of managing reading lists?

3.       Who manages the reading lists for your institution (is it academics adding things to lists or does it fall to the library)?

It has primarily been the library up to now, but we are starting to get academics involved in managing their own lists

4.       If an item is removed from a reading list at your institution (if you have a system such as Talis Aspire) how is the library alerted to this fact?

Having checked with a colleague we don’t really have a process for this at present.  I don’t think this has come up as an issue so far.

Regards,

Diane

Diane Leeson

Content and Access Team Leader