Hello,

For those of you using Talis Aspire: we have been told by Talis that to solve a bookmarking problem we need to ask Innovative to get our Z39.50 server to output records in UTF-8 format, and we also need to update BYTE 9 in the MARC leader of our catalogue records to “a”.  We are aware that this was done by Sheffield Hallam.  Before we make any changes we just wanted to ask:

Has anyone else done this and did it solve the problem?

Did you do a global update of the MARC leader for all your catalogue records or were you more selective?

Do you also have your system set to export MARC records in UTF-8 format?

Thanks,

Diane

Diane Leeson

Content and Access Team Leader