From: A bibliometrics discussion list for the Library and Research Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sally Dalton
Sent: 30 April 2014 10:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tools for text mining

Hello,

We are currently working on a bibliometrics project where we need to find out the common words and phrases used in a set of articles. We are hoping to do this using a text mining tool. Does anyone have any experience of text mining a set of articles and if so what software did you use to do it?

I know you can use Endnote to find out the subject headings used in a set of articles (using term lists) but we are also interested in the words and phrases used in the title and abstract.

Thanks

Sally

Sally Dalton BA Hons, MSc

Faculty Team Librarian/Research Support Officer (LUCID)

Health Sciences Library

University of Leeds

Level 7, Worsley Building, LS2 9JT

0113 34 36974

Twitter: @lulhealthteam

I am working to contract as part of UCU's action short of a strike from 1st November in support of fair pay in HE. It may take longer than usual for me to respond to your message. For more info see http://www.ucu.org.uk/hepay13 . To join the union and the action go here http://www.ucu.org.uk/join