Hi Maarten,
we tested a DNS alias for our ARGUS' earlier but were not successful:

lcmaps: Error: pep_authorize(request,response) failed. The Argus-PEP
return code is: 1075 with error message: "SSL peer certificate or SSH
remote key was not OK"

What is the trick?

Thanx
Andreas

  On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Maarten Litmaath wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>> >  Now that we have CREAM-CEs querying an Argus server and even if gLexec
>> >  on worker nodes is tested but not yet used in production, I am worried
>> >  the the Argus server is becoming a SPOF (Single Point of Failure).
>> >
>> >  Is it feasable to install more than one Argus server and make it so that
>> >  CREAM and gLexec would be unaffected by the loss of one Argus server ?
>> >
>>  In the CREAM configuration file (/etc/glite-ce-cream/cream-config.xml)
>>  you can specify more than one PEP daemon endpoint.
>>  As far as I know the list of urls is used by the PEP client for finding
>>  the first available PEP daemon.
>>  So I think you can at least configure a set of PEP daemons in HA; I
>>  presume it is possible to distribute even the PDP service, but for what
>>  concerns the PAP honestly I don't know.
>
> You have to ensure the different instances will return the same mappings,
> so there will be at least _one_ SPOF, viz. the gridmapdir...
>
> At CERN we have multiple Argus hosts behind a load-balanced alias,
> all mounting the single gridmapdir from an NFS server.

#  Andreas Gellrich
#  DESY IT / Grid Computing
#  2b/317, Notkestr. 85, D-22607 Hamburg, +49 40 8998 2732