I am sorry I cannot help in the way you wish, Elisabetta, but let me express my sympathy and solidarity with you, and let me add that there is no limit to the jealous malice of human beings.
Joe Farrell

________________________________
From: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Elisabetta Tarantino [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 April 2014 07:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [I-S] Somewhat odd request (but please help if you can)

Dear Colleagues

I am writing to ask for help with something incredible that is happening. Someone came to me the other day and said that there are people going round saying that some of my publications do not actually exist, that I've made them up (!)

Obviously, I have paper copies I can show either in person (if you are in the Coventry area or nearby) or on Skype if anyone is interested. But it would be a really great help if some of you could look them up in a library near you and post or tweet that you've seen them (no more than four or five posts on this list, please - I do not want to swamp it with my problems). I think the publications in question are mostly these:

“Le due versioni del foglio D della Cena de le Ceneri.” Bruniana & Campanelliana 10.2 (2004): 413-424.

“Sailing off on the Adel: Alessandro Baricco’s Metaliterary Trilogy (Part I).” Romance Studies 25.3 (July 2007): 241-255; Part II: Romance Studies 25.4 (November 2007): 323-337.

“Petrarca, Bucolicum Carmen I (Parthenias)”, in Filologia e storia letteraria. Studi per Roberto Tissoni. Eds. C. Caruso and W. Spaggiari. Rome: Edizioni di storia e letteratura, 2008, pp. 47-56.

“Fulvae Harenae: The Reception of an Intertextual Complex in Dante's Inferno.” Classical Receptions Journal 4.1 (May 2012): 90-126.

I'm really sorry to be taking up your time with this, but I do not know what else to do.

Many thanks to all

Elisabetta

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies