Just published .. a very interesting discussion-editorial on psychometrics
between Mathias Ziegler and Stéphane Vautier …

Ziegler, M., & Vautier, S. (2014). A farewell, a welcome, and an unusual
exchange. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 30, 2, 81-85.

It begins ..

“This will be no ordinary Editorial for two reasons. First of all, I want to
announce some changes within the Editorial Board. Doing this I want to use
the chance to thank some people for supporting the Editorial Board of this
journal over the course of the last few years. Working as an action editor
never is easy and the more I appreciate the commitment brought forward by
Johnny Fontaine, Symeon Vlachopoulos, and Richard Griffith. Without you we
could not have made the journal the way it is now. Thanks! Moreover, I want
to welcome Iris Engelhard, Lena Lämmle, Martin Bäckström, Stephan Dilchert,
and Samuel Greiff as new action editors. Having you on board makes me feel
very optimistic.

My job as an Editor-in-Chief includes a lot of e-mail contact with a variety
of persons, e.g., action and consulting editors, authors, and reviewers.
Below I want to share some passages from an interesting, challenging, and –
I believe – inspiring e-mail exchange I (MZ) had with Stéphane Vautier (SV),
one of our consulting editors. Including this exchange into an editorial is
the second reason why this Editorial is a bit different. However, my hope is
that our exchange will affect the readers as much as it did me and thereby
also affect the submissions made to the journal. The starting point of the
exchange was the meaning of test scores derived from tests and
questionnaires regularly published in this and other journals:  ”

Well worth a read if you can get to it.

Regards .. Paul

Chief Research Scientist

Cognadev.com

______

W:  <http://www.pbarrett.net/> www.cognadev.com

W:  <http://www.pbarrett.net/> www.pbarrett.net

E:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

M: +64-(0)21-415625