Hello Gem

I'm developing a workshop at the National Maritime Museum Cornwall that looks ‘behind the scenes of a museum’, focusing on the different ways objects are displayed and information communicated (text, images, light, sound, interactive displays, reconstructions, etc.). As the final activity, I’ll be asking the children to use what they have seen and experienced during the day to design their own displays.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in running similar workshops and can suggest fun ways of doing this? It’s being aimed at KS2 (7-11) and they’ll have about 45 minutes. I’ve considered constructing display cases/plinths using scrap material but this may be quite laborious and time consuming, also designing displays/floor plans on paper (architectural/annotated designs) but this may be asking a lot from an 8 year old…any suggestions welcome!

Many thanks

Seth

Seth Hall

Education Officer