From: Smith, Taylor D [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:10 PM
To: '[log in to unmask]'
Subject: FSLStats - Incorrect Volume

I’m having an issue with fslstats. I am working with an image over which a user-generated mask is used to extract the ROI.

The problem I am getting is that after I split the file using “fslsplit original_file new_prefix –z”, the reported volume for each subsequent slice is incorrect. For example, when opening the first slice in FSLView it is clear there should only be 12 voxels (I did change windowing/centering to make sure), however the fslstats –V command is telling me there are over 2,000 voxels (still very shy of the total ~54,000 voxels reported from fslstats –v).

Is there any reason you can think of why this is happening? I’ve included one of the slice’s NiFTi files for comparison.

Thanks SO MUCH for your help!