Dear FSL experts,

I desperately need your help! I am trying to preform group ICA on resting state data using Melodic and have been running into a serious difficulty. While melodic seems to work fine for single subject analysis or even group ICA on only a limited number of participants it is unable to run my entire data set (n=73).

At the very start of the analysis the progress report appears to freeze at:

/bin/cp /tmp/feat_5cCO9X.fsf design.fsf

mkdir .files;cp /Applications/fsl/doc/fsl.css .files;ln -s /Applications/fsl/doc/images .files/images

Melodic progress report for the first subject generates this error message:

/Applications/fsl/bin/fslmaths C/subj_011/SE9/rest prefiltered_func_data -odt float

Cannot open volume C/subj_011/SE9/rest for reading!

FATAL ERROR ENCOUNTERED

Cannot open volume C/subj_011/SE9/rest for reading!

    while executing

"if { [ catch {

for { set argindex 1 } { $argindex < $argc } { incr argindex 1 } {

    switch -- [ lindex $argv $argindex ] {

     -I {

         incr argin..."

    (file "/Applications/fsl/bin/feat" line 119)

I have no idea what it means by “cannot open volume for reading” because, as mentioned previously, the dataset (including subj_011) works fine for many other types of analysis. If anyone else has had a similar problem or may suspect what the matter is please let me know.

Thanks in advance and a happy Easter,

John

John Broulidakis

Developmental Brain-Behaviour Laboratory

University of Southampton