Hey Matt,

I finally got around to playing with this a little more, but I'm still experiencing the same hang-up on the smoothing step. film_gls seems to just be repeating the smoothing process over and over . For example, I see this in the output every 20 minutes or so:

Smoothing at vertex 163500 ...
Smoothing at vertex 163600 ...
Smoothing at vertex 163700 ...
Smoothing at vertex 163800 ...
.do smooth
done distances
Smoothing at vertex 0 ...
Smoothing at vertex 100 ...
Smoothing at vertex 200 ...
Smoothing at vertex 300 ...
Smoothing at vertex 400 ...

Even after about 7 hours it still hadn't broke out of the cycle. Any idea what might be going on? The commands I ran were Freesurfer's mris_convert to convert my files to gifti, and then film_gls as follows:

film_gls --rn=bsyn_01.lh.feat/surfstats --sa --ms=15 --epith=5 --in2=lh.white.gii --in=lh.bsyn_01.gii --pd=bsyn_01.lh.feat/design.mat --mode=surface

Is it possible that this behavior is due to the large number of vertices? I know you mentioned that it's best to carry out the stats at a lower resolution, but I haven't worked out a process for mapping the functional data to a lower res mesh yet.

My film_gls help message says the build is 506, if that's informative.

Thanks in advance!
Connor