Dear list,

Concerning the usage of flirt with bbr cost function and a fieldmap I was wondering if there is any experience on:

1. how different it is to use the flirt -fieldmap option as compared to unwarping with the fieldmap first and using flirt -bbr afterwards?
(-- and related: How exactly is the fieldmap applied in this implementation?)

2. how the FSL bbr implementation compares to freesurfer bbregister? E.g. if I use the freesurfer segmentation with flirt -bbr, would that give me similar results as bbregister?

Any thoughts or experience (even if anecdotal) would be highly appreciated!
Many thanks,
Julia