Hi again,

to see if this has any positive effect just add
—userefmask=0
to your fnirt command line, alternatively in the config file.

If you have a lot of signal from extracerebral tissue, in particular marrow, this is not likely to improve matters. But if your structurals have been acquired with fat-sat and you cannot see any bright areas outside of, but close to, the brain surface it should work well.

Jesper